State & Federal Resources
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- California Department of Aging (CDA)
- Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) COVID-19 Response
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- FEMA Restaurant Program and recently released guidance and FAQs
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Innovation & Advocacy
Innovation & Local Resources
- FEMA Restaurant Program and Recently Released Guidance and FAQs
On April 24, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom announced the launch of a first-in-the-nation “Great Plates Delivered” program, a meal delivery service for California’s older adults.
- Preparing for Hospitalization During COVID-19 Pandemic
A checklist for hospitalization during the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID Conversations | COVID Conversations/Toolkit
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California has started an initiative to increase advance care planning during COVID.
- Friendship Line
The Institute on Aging’s Friendship Line is both a crisis intervention center and a “warm” line for routine, even daily, phone calls that provide emotional support, medication reminders and well-being check-ins.
- COVID Food Resources for Older Adults by City, Alameda County
COVID-19-adapted food and meal services available for seniors in Alameda County, searchable by city.
- COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits, Alameda County
A compilation of COVID-19 funding and other resources for nonprofits in Alameda County.
To address social isolation, the Youth Movement Against Alzheimer’s (YMAA) has set up virtual lunch and dinner meetings via video call to connect youth volunteers with older adults.
- Letter to Speaker Pelosi from SSC
April 8th | Senior Services Coalition of Alameda County
- Letter to Governor Gavin Newsom on Actions California Must Take
March 19th | Justice in Aging
- Requests for Immigrants
March 11th | Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA)
Policy Briefs & Research
- Policy Brief and Perspectives on Addressing LTSS Needs During COVID-19: How are older Californians accessing LTSS COVID-19?
June 24th | The SCAN Foundation
- COVID-19 State Resource Guide: Leveraging Federal and State Authorities to Ensure Access to LTSS
June 4th | Manatt
- The CARES Act: What’s In It & What’s Missing
March 31st | Justice in Aging